Travel Insurance, also referred to as visitor insurance or overseas medical insurance is a special facility offered by insurance companies in India to cover you against the following unforeseen situation while travelling abroad:
- Personal Accident
- Medical Expenses*
- Loss of Passport
- Trip Delay
- Trip Cancellation
- Baggage Loss
- Risks while travelling abroad
* Any claim due to or arising out of pre-existing medical condition/ailment whether declared or undeclared is not covered under the policy.
It would not be wrong to say that travel insurance is the backbone of every travel plan. You cannot be at peace without having one in hand. The plan will help you get compensation in case of any unforeseen event occurring during a trip.
Investing in an appropriate travel insurance plan is beneficial. With the frequency of unforeseen events increasing on a daily basis, it has become crucial to keep a backup plan that helps you handle emergencies with ease. Uncertain events such as terrorist attacks, thefts, and robbery are some of the most common ones a traveler comes across. You don’t have an idea how bad it can get when you are encountered with such events in an alien destination.
Having a travel insurance policy in hand will help you ensure complete protection all through the trip and even offers you compensation when an emergency strikes. No wonder investing in a good travel insurance plan tops the list of any travel plan. Remember that a vacation package is incomplete without travel coverage.
Unfortunately, there is a significant percentage of population who don’t believe in buying travel insurance policy. They feel that the policy is a waste of money and leads to a lot of time and money wastage. This is not true. In fact, the plan works towards saving your valuable investment in case an emergency strikes on a trip. Time is certainly not wasted as most insurance companies offer Travel Insurance policies online. All need to do is log on to the World Wide Web from the comfort of your home and buy a plan that ideally suits your specific needs and budget. If you are all set to go on a trip this holiday, get a travel insurance plan now.
Significance of Travel Insurance
- Medical Expenses: – Well, the most crucial reason to buy a comprehensive travel insurance plan is to cover medical expenses while travelling abroad. In the event of an accident or unforeseen sickness, instant medical assistance is required. Now the medical care cost can vary from one country to the other. In some countries these expenses can break your back. An insurance policy will take care of all exorbitant expenses you may come across including air ambulance and repatriation.
- Trip Cancellation: – This can happen due to many reasons. Sudden illness, physical injury, an accident, illness of travelling companion, death or illness in the family are certain incidents that force you to cancel your trip. This usually results in heavy financial losses. In the event where illness occurs just days before a trip, you may have payments made in full for various arrangements including tickets, flights, accommodation, etc. cancelling the trip means heavy loss and disappointment. Having a travel insurance policy will cover the losses.
- Missed Flights: – This is not an unusual event. Many a times, travelers tend to miss their flights. This incident occurs due to a number of reasons such as vehicle breakdown on the way to the airport, a traffic jam, accident etc. With a travel insurance plan in hand, you can handle the cost of an additional flight. Expenses incurred in reaching your destination will be fully covered.
- Theft or Loss of Personal Belongings: – Tourists are prone to attacks, theft, loot, etc. in a foreign land. Travel insurance is crucial to balance the loss due to the above stated emergencies. Insurance companies usually reimburse these losses.
- Accidental Cover: – It is not uncommon to face accidents during travel. In fact, accidents on holidays are common as you participate in various adventure activities. Having insurance will give you cover protection dangers posed by these activities.
- Flight Cancelled: – What if your flight gets cancelled due to strike, bad weather, technical problems, airline insolvency, etc.? You would be surprised to know that each year; many thousands of flights are cancelled by airlines. This tends to affect vacation plans and even results in heavy monetary loses. By having a travelling insurance plan in hand that covers sudden flight cancellation by airlines, the expenses incurred by you in buying alternative flight tickets will be reimbursed by the company.
Hence We Request Every Traveler of Suhani Vacations to please buy travel Insurance before they fly away from home. Which keeps them & their family Safe from any mis-happening.